Argan oil is called “liquid gold” because this precious oil has so many health benefits. You can use argan oil hair products and skin products, and even take argan oil supplements. But before you spend big money on this oil, you may wonder… is it worth the cost?
If you’re losing your hair, or your hair is thinning, pure argan just might be worth its weight in gold.
Tips to Nourish Hair Follicles
If you’re balding, you want a natural, healthy way for your hair to grow back. Argan oil may help promote hair and scalp health. It might even help make your hair follicles healthier so they can encourage hair regrowth. It can also be useful for dry skin and even split ends.
Tame Frizzy Hair
Argan oil can help keep frizzy hair under control. This is because frizz happens when you have an oily scalp, but your hair is dry. Since argan oil can moisturize your hair, it will smooth your locks. When you tame frizz, your hair will look fuller, shinier, and healthier.1
Nourish your Scalp
Argan oil can help hydrate your skin, including a dry, itchy scalp. With a healthier scalp, you can also grow healthier hair.2,3 Best of all, argan can naturally moisturize without triggering excess oil, or sebum.4
The vitamin E in argan oil may help control dandruff. Just massage argan oil into your scalp for hydration and healing. When you don’t need to comb away these flakes, you can focus on improving your hair’s appearance.5
Help Damaged Hair to Recover
You might love rocking a new color. But if you dye your hair, the stress might make strands of hair break.
Argan oil can help replenish hair health after coloring.
It helps your hair keep healthy protein that can get lost with the use of dyes.6
Improve the Health and Appearance of your Hair
Oils with linoleic acid, such as pure argan, can help strengthen your hair. They might stop your hair from breaking or splitting at the ends. Your hair may look and feel healthier, and it may be less likely to break off.7
There are many causes of hair loss. If you’re losing your hair, always speak to a doctor before you try a new product.
Nutrients in Argan Oil
Argan oil extract is expensive because it is hard to produce, and because pure argan must be imported from Morocco. But Moroccan argan oil may be worth every cent, given how nutrient-rich it is. When you comb argan oil through your hair, you’re feeding your hair natural acids and antioxidants.
Argan Oil is Full of Healthy Fats
This natural oil has lots of compounds that help your skin and hair health.
- One tablespoon of argan oil has 8 grams of fat. But those are healthy fats.8
- Argan oil has plant sterols – natural substances that may help keep cholesterol levels healthy.9,10
- Argan oil is rich in fatty acids, including omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. These, along with unsaturated fatty acids, play a role in many healthy body functions. They help protect your skin and hair.11
Antioxidants in Moroccan Argan Oil
Argan oil has antioxidants that help protect your skin from damaging free radicals. These antioxidants might boost your immune system to protect your skin and body.12
- Argan oil is full of linoleic acid and palmitic acid, which have antioxidant properties. These acids help make your hair stronger. When your strands are well-hydrated, they’re less likely to break. Linoleic acid can also help repair damaged hair.13,14
- Argan oil has oleic acid, which is also found in olive oil. Oleic acid makes up about half of argan oil’s fat content. It can hydrate dry skin.15,16
- Argan oil is a great source of vitamin E. Vitamin E plays a large role in hair health, and it can even stimulate hair growth.17
Argan oil hair is healthy, nutrient-rich hair. Need more incentive to comb this oil through your locks?
Argan Oil’s Beauty Benefits
The nutrients in argan oil make it healthy for your hair. But this oil has other potential health benefits as well.
- Stretch Marks – Argan oil can make existing stretch marks look less noticeable.18
- Brittle Nails – Massaging argan oil into your nails and cuticles hydrates them. Hydrated nails may be less likely to break.19
- Dry Skin – The high vitamin E content in argan oil can help skin retain moisture. This can ease dry skin conditions.20
Argan Oil vs. Jojoba Oil vs. Coconut Oil
Argan oil isn’t the only healthy oil that can benefit your hair. But is it the best? See how pure argan stacks up against two other popular oils.
- Jojoba oil is good for people with dry or sensitive skin. Coconut oil can help protect your skin. It can also soothe and moisturize a dry scalp. Argan oil has many of the same benefits as other oils. It can also help hydrate skin.21
- One reason argan oil is so healthy for your hair is because of its high Vitamin E content. Coconut oil has very little Vitamin E. Instead, it moisturizes other ways but can’t offer the same benefits as argan oil.22
- Coconut oil and argan oil are both good at penetrating hair strands. This means they can bring their healthy nutrients right into the hair. Jojoba oil doesn’t penetrate as well because of its waxy texture.23
Any of these ingredients can be healthy and beneficial. But pure argan is a clear winner when it comes to hair and scalp health. So, look for argan oil on the ingredients list for your next bottle of shampoo. And treat yourself to a fragrant, relaxing argan oil hair massage!
Best Ways to Use Argan Oil for Hair
Now that you know the benefits of argan oil, the next step is to find out how to use it. It can become a powerful part of your hair care and skin care routine. There are many ways to use this oil to soothe dry skin and improve hair health.
Add Argan Oil to Your Favorite Product
Add a few drops of argan oil to your shampoo or conditioner for nourishing, de-frizzing effects. You don’t always need to rinse out argan oil – it can work as a leave-in conditioner.24 Take a small amount of argan oil, rub your hands together and run it through your towel-dried hair.
Argan Oil Is Perfect for a DIY-er
You can also make your own argan oil shampoo. Just mix castile soap, a tablespoon of pure argan oil, water, and some other nice-smelling oils, like lavender essential oil. When you make your own shampoo, you can pick and choose natural ingredients depending on your hair’s needs.25
Try Argan Oil Products
If you’re not good at do-it-yourself, you can buy shampoo or conditioner with argan oil in it. Usually, you can use a much smaller amount of argan oil shampoo or conditioner compared to other ingredients.26
Argan Oil Can Help You With Your Hair Woes
Argan oil has many benefits, from taming fizz to moisturizing your scalp. No matter your needs, this liquid gold might be just what your hair needs. When it comes to products for your hair, check the ingredients to see if they offer the benefits of argan oil.
Pure argan is worth the expense because of its nutrients that help your body and hair. Use this oil to help keep your hair soft, your skin moisturized, and your body happy and healthy.
5 Simple Remedies To Get Rid of Dandruff
Tea Tree Oil: Your Hair’s New Best Friend
6 Essential Oils for the Healthiest Possible Hair